Sunday, August 30, 2009

Schlitz

Time was, I could spend 1,500 words telling you about how I used to drink fancy beer and then I started drinking PBR because maybe I was a hipster or maybe I was just cheap and then even PBR became too popular and they jacked up the price so that now, when I buy beer, I buy Schlitz.

I'm no longer a prolific blogger because, for one reason or another, I no longer have the desire to tell such tales.

Whether it's the brewer, the distributors, or the stores, PBR is now more expensive, even edging towards Bud/Miller/Coors territory. My biggest reason for drinking PBR was its affordability. Someone must think that customers are willing to pay a premium for it now. Some might be. I am not. Schlitz is $6.29 for a 12 pack of cans - or 2 bucks less than PBR. When I'm looking for a buzz while playing Rock Band with the crew, it's always quantity over quality. It's the beer that made Milwaukee famous. It has just the kiss of hops. And it doesn't taste half bad.

1 comment:

  1. First there was the hops shortage and now just general price increases - however, it isn't isolated to PBR (although I have little doubt the company is seeking to take advantage of its hipster status), but rather general to the industry.

    ReplyDelete