Friends,
This has been a year of highs - finishing my doctorate, and lows - losing my Grandmother in a house fire, and plenty of in-betweens - I have a job for instance, just not a great one.
Yet, at the close of the year I find myself in a peaceful place. I visited with some dear friends over the previous two days, and then drove back, about 300 miles, through the dusk and early evening, all to the brilliant light of that blue moon.
There is much to complain about in the world, and much that troubles me in my personal and professional life, but there are days (and the turning of the year always puts me in a contemplative mood as it does most people) when the beauty of existence wells up from within.
My heartfelt hopes to all of you for a new year of promise and fulfillment, love found and kept, and more stories of laughter than of tears.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment