Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thoughts

- We are fed a truly amazing amount of bullshit whilst in grade school, none more glaring than "You should behave like big kids/adults" (depending on your age at the time.) What they fail to tell you is that elementary school behavior - reportin on others(tattling in the parlance of my time), the cold shoulder, tantrums, - are not only commonplace in the "adult" world, but often have rewards. Then again, they also told us that hypocrisy was bad and to be avoided.

- Keeping with my habit of sending pointless emails, I emailed the Biletnikoff Award (best wide receiver in college football) board to express my disappointment that A. they'd decided upon the finalists this early in the season, and B. Danario Alexander was not on that list. I was "assured" that voters can write-in their own candidates, as was the case with the 2007 winner, Michael Crabtree. This would seem to place a great deal of faith in the voters to be both competent and football-savvy. Random man also "assured" me that fellow Mizzou wide receiver "Jeremy Macklin (sic) was a finalist in 2008."

- Were I an all-powerful lawgiver, I'd make the punishment for raking your leaves into the street significant enough that it wouldn't happen again.

- BONUS FOURTH THOUGHT
Category: things that make me laugh.
I derive great mirth from the fact that certain people - people I rarely, if ever, type at - usually go "away" or "idle" or "busy" shortly after I sign on to IM. Are they that afraid that I'll say something to them? Do they want to appear busy to me? Am I a megalomaniac and this is all in my head?

Funny regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment