- This Friday I'm hosting a luncheon for high school counselors and 44 individuals have RSVP'ed. Yours truly speaking in front of a crowd of adults brings to mind 4 grown men riding in one of those mini Shriner's cars - all the more entertaining if it goes terribly wrong. And the boss will be there.
- It is surprisingly hard to find a postcard about Maryville, MO ... in Maryville, MO.
- It is said that any time a woman so much as acknowledges a man's existence, the man can convince himself that she's into him. But I think the cashier at Hallmark today was different; really I do. And the cougar jogging today totally wanted my body.
- After seeing John Mayer in concert last night (and to think, he did so without irony), a Facebook friend of mine used his status today to applaud Mayer for a good show - but also suggested to him that he play some more of his older, more bluesy, stuff next time. God knows that "no such thing" and "your body is a wonderland" are splendid Blues tunes. I have no doubt that the lyrically-challenged lothario (ALLITERATION) will correct this straightaway.
- I am not embarrassed to admit that I don't change the station when "Crush" by David Archuleta comes on. Well, just a little embarrassed maybe.
- Speaking of songs on the radio, I must admit that no matter what kind of day I'm having, George Michael's "Father Figure" makes me instantaneously jubilant. This is more than a bit creepy. See also: "When Doves Cry" by Prince.
- Good organ: Procol Harum, "Whiter Shade of Pale." Bad organ: Anything by The Doors. Yes, I said it.
- Mixing ketchup and mayonnaise makes a transcendent super-condiment.
- I think my fingers are being eaten by bacteria. Or possibly some sort of extra-terrestrial acid. Mind you, neither of these claims have been evaluated by a physician.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment