If I ever had a music-obsessed phase, it was my final 2 years of college. With ample free time and high speed internet, I consumed new tunes with demonic speed. Few of the artists discovered during this time have really stayed with me, the Truckers and their offspring being the real exception. But there is an album title from this period that was, to me, both blindingly simple and shockingly keen.
This was going to be a long post about the repeat folly of human behavior, the rampant passive-aggression around me, and how difficult I found it to follow Baruch Spinoza's call to tolerate and understand above all else. It was to be a discourse on how I'd tried to live life from an ultra-rationalist point of view and how that had failed due to both my and humanity's behavior failing to be rational - and thus precluding the life based on stark reason. That being said, I think The Still's 2003 offering says it all:
logic will break your heart
Monday, March 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment