Thursday, March 26, 2009

Elite 8? Elite 8!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Kansas City Star)

My attempts at live blogging the game are below - check them out. Or not. I had to stop eventually because I couldn't stand the strain.

My god, that game took 10 years off of my life. But they held on, and they scored more than 100 on one of the best defensive teams in all of college basketball. They beat a team full of blue chippers and one of the best coaches money can buy. And now Mike Anderson, in his third year, has not only won the Big 12 tourney and set the school record for wins in a season, but he's reached the Elite 8. As I mentioned, Norm Stewart himself never progressed farther. What a feat. Honestly, what a feat the turnaround of Mizzou basketball has been. Not just from Quin Snyder to Mike Anderson, but from 07-08 Mike Anderson to 08-09.

I honestly don't know how they've done it, all season long. Reason would dictate that they just don't have the same caliber of players as much of their competition, yet they just keep on winning. I thought the Sweet 16 was playing with house money. Well, the Elite 8 is even better.

Also, if you're feeling blue and want to be around some people who are really, really happy, I suggest you check out Rockmnation.com

No comments:

Post a Comment