Monday, March 23, 2009

On March Madness

I am awaiting my first honest-to-goodness mountain blizzard this evening and thinking how little I care about the NCAA Men's Basketball tourney. I watched a bit of the Xavier and Dayton games this morning as I rowed. I went to Rutgers as an undergraduate and have love for its teams and its teams alone, don't care about Akron and don't give a rat's ass about Purdue, so my interest (such as it is) lies in hoping a Big East team wins and my abiding hatred of dynasties and favored winners (which does conflict somewhat with my slight desire to see a Big East team win - it is, without a doubt the strongest league in the game (in stark contrast to its stature in football).

All of that having been said, I'll watch some of the Elite 8 Games, most of the Final 4 and the championship game ('tis a shame the tourney has not retained the consolation game - the year Rutgers went undefeated in the regular season they played all the way to the Final 4, lost, and then lost the consolation game), provided there are some other than 1-4 seeds left playing.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't Rutgers women's team any good? Much like Purdue, the women's team often outshines and outperforms the mens.

    ReplyDelete