Thursday, March 26, 2009

Live Blog Disastration: Lawdy mayest we hold on? (Part the third, 2nd half)

Halftime Comment: Earlier I besmirched basketball coaches as a whole. I'm sure some of them are good people. Connecticut's Jim Calhoun is not one of those. Piss on him.

- Ironically, ESPN is touting the brickfest that is Nova vs. Duke on their mainpage. Is this their East-Coast Bias shining through? Surely not. I mean, ESPN has no love for Duke (cough). One of my favorite things about MMOD - which is certifiably awesome - is that the internet feed often returns before the actual TV one, so you get several seconds of silence, crowd shots, marching bands etc.

- Nothing like a TV timeout 16 seconds into the half. This, friends, is capitalism. Advertising note: the Lexus "heads-up display" on the windshield looks like a good way to get people killed. Then again, anything that takes the human element out of other people's driving is probably a good thing.

- You know what I find funny? Norm Stewart is a bball legend at Mizzou, while most people wouldn't piss on Quin Snyder if they passed him on the street. Yet both topped out at the Elite 8 in the NCAA Tournament. Norm should have been in some Final 4's. It's really a tragedy.

- Dear Dick Enberg: when both teams are the Tigers, referring to "Tiger fans" is ineffective ... or too effective.

- Mizzou comes out hot, yet again. I have no doubt that Coach Cal would like to take a 9-iron to the refs right about now. Or to his team, whichever is closest. I have a feeling we're in for a ton of Memphis driving to the basket and hoping for fouls this half.

- Close call on the Junkyard Dog's ankle there. He has a history of ankle injuries, including a sprain he sustained earlier this week, but he popped right up. Never has a nickname been so apt. You gotta love a guy (who probably won't catch on in the NBA) going 110% all the time just so he can keep playing another day.

- Man, as I've said, I'm not a Jay Bilas fan, I have to give him props as an analyst. Everytime I think something about this game, he says it. I too am really impressed with Mizzou's ability to pass the ball. It really is remarkable. I also wonder where Memphis' vaunted defense has gone.

- Memphis goes on a run, helped by the refs swinging back to their side. I can't do this for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment