Tuesday, March 17, 2009

this one's for Chief Kickingstallionsims

Apparently it's St. Patrick's Day - who knew?

Started a little experiment today by deleting Facebook. No particular reason and no grand existential crisis, just a slight bit of irritation at it's Twitterification and a rare moment when I take my own advice. One of the great ironies of me and facebook is that I very rarely use it to contact people, and very rarely do they contact me through it - yet I still check it fanatically. Creepy no? Cold turkey baby.

I was sad to see the Rammer drop out of the list of contributors today, but I'm sure he has his reasons. No one should feel any pressure to actually post something, but the opportunity is there if one chooses.

Tonight is the last night of my semesterly sojourn to Omaha, and I won't particularly miss it. Maybe it's the time of year, but I've been really struck this time at Omaha's suburban feel. It's a sea of stoplights, chain restaurant and a distressingly expanding series of outdoor shopping centers. Even better, there's been some unseasonably warm weather this week, and I think it's brought out the worst in Omaha's drivers. Nothing like a dangerous and totally unnecessary lane change to get the blood pumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment