- Just heard my first "Onions!" call from Raftery. I gotta give it to Levance Fields, he did pull em right out and was playing with them right there on the floor. Damn things hang to his ankles. Rafter then went and screwed it with a "Fields of Dreams" pun.
- Looks like Xavier has officially screwed this pooch. One wonders why the hell a tall man is dribbling the ball up at eye level at the top of key. Dear Pitt, my bracket would thank you if it wasn't out in the yard sleeping off the mescaline. Yeah, it's raining. It doesn't mind.
- Less than 120 points total between the Panthers and Musketeers. I had no idea these teams were auditioning to join the Big 10 (zing). Xavier's player of the game was the same guy who badly missed some ass-ugly 3 pt attempts in the final minutes. Ironic.
- Mizzou tips in about 10 minutes, and I'm half-expecting but hoping to avoid one of those first 5 minute carpet-bombings that pretty much seal the deal from the get-go. For examples, see this shit-sandwich of a game. I can only hope that one day a Mike Anderson Mizzou team plays a solid 40 minutes of basketball against a quality opponent. I also hope that one day we, as a race, can master cold fusion. If the first point wasn't totally subjective this would be a nice prop bet.
- Heard John Calipari's press conference yesterday while I was driving. I have no doubt that he's a total shit-bag, like many of his contemporaries. But I can't help liking the guy. He seems like the kind of person I'd want to play basketball for, if, you know, I was a talented basketball player. My one reservation with playing for Mike Anderson, aside from the fact that his practices could accurately be described as "wind sprints," is that I'd always be referred to with an indefinite article in press conferences. "When you have a guy like a Matt Magruder, it makes your team better. A Matt Magruder plays with such energy that it infects the team, he doesn't stop for 40 minutes.* A Matt Magruder is long** and athletic and just a great defender." So on and so forth.
- I'm glad that General Motors, while circling the literal and figurative drain, decided to throw down a shit-ton of money on Pontiac advertisements during the NCAA basketball tourney. I'm even happier that they chose a shitty, shitty song to accompany said commercial.
- At the risk of stating the obvious, the Memphis Tigers are tall. Shortest guy in the starting lineup is 6 foot 5. That's an NBA team right there.
- Jeezum crow look at those ass-ugly gold uniforms. Haven't seen those in a while I'm happy to say.. God forbid we use the normal, black ones. "Old gold." Ha. Like shit. Actual shit.
- That Matt Lawrence is the hustlingnest white man out there. No suburban-born three point specialist scraps like him. AND THE THREE TO BOOT!!! 5-0!!! Whatever they say, they can't say we didn't have a lead!!1!!!111!!!
- These goddamned Rock Chalk chant commercials can also die in a fire. Hopefully the fire takes Allen Field House (and Cameron Indoor) with it. Would anyone care, really? Aside from Kansans and sons of old wealth? Is it wrong I expect the nation to agree with me on these matters?
- True story: J.T. Tiller looks exactly like Usher. But he plays better defense.
- That Tyreke Evans fellow must cover 15 feet with each stride. Marvelous. I think he'll be good in the NBA, where he can pick the ball up at the 3 pt line and coast to the hoop. (Insert old man comment here)
- If anybody watched the Marquette game, the entire second half saw the Golden Eagles drive into the interior of the Mizzou D time after time, getting easy buckets or fouls at the very least. I hope Memphis didn't watch that film. And that Mike Anderson did.
- There's that scrappy white guy again, gumming up things. And Zaire Taylor draws his 2nd foul. Fouls and last second shots are his specialty. The first can hinder the second. CBS thanks him though, as it allows them to go to commercial.
- Getting some slowdown again, yippee. Random thought: playing basketball in football stadiums is idiotic and nothing more than a symbol of the NCAA's greed. Shameless.
- Are the wheels about the fly off of this particular bus? That whole driving to the hoop thing I mentioned ... well, it's happening.
- 3-2 zone? Praise Jesus. And Mike Anderson. Who knew he had it in him, playing a different defense. 8 minutes gone in the first half and the game is tied at 18. I'll take it.
- And, at 20 all, we have our first "Tigers and Lyons" joke. Thankfully, Baylor isn't involved this time so we can't complete the trifecta.
- I love how commentators often refer to bodyslam-esque fouls with terms like "he just got him on the arm." And there will be blood.
- I don't like this Evans character. No, not one bit. He's quite the trickster out there on the floor, very tricksy.
- JT!!!!!!!!!!!!! for three!!!!!!!!!! And again on the layup!! Ur-shur!!!!!!
- Damn that son of a bitch Salley. Can't spell "Robert" correctly but he hits them tre's. But Matt Lawrence answers, and the scrappy white man knows where your wife is. Do you?
- Man, the way the scoring is going, I hope this game isn't officiated by Big 10 refs, or they'll be wondering if they should call it at halftime (zing). Not sure why I'm on the Big 10 hate tonight, especially since I'm hoping Michigan State destroys KU tomorrow.
- DeMarre Carroll's hook shot is the ugliest thing on the planet. But he hits it. In other news, JT Tiller is officially hot. And that was a ticky tack 2nd foul call on Larry Bowers. Sweet jesus Tiller is playing somewhere on the surface of the sun right now. Even when they screw up and Memphis gets a dunk, they come right back with a score. CMA has his guys playing at another level right now - let's hope it sticks for 40 minutes.
- Man, that Miguel Paul three was in! It was in! Fuck the iron. Seriously.
- I'm glad Dick and Jay are enjoying themselves. That's my main concern. In other news: Leo Lyons can't buy a damned free throw.
- Noland Richardson is getting a lot of free publicity thanks to CMA. He should send him a Christmas ham, or something. My boy John Cal just picked up a technical. Thank you sir, I will take it. 3/8 at the line, however, doesn't cut it.
- I do think Mizzou is getting the benefit of the foul calls - but what type of douche would I be if I complained about the refs, one way or another. A KU douche, that's what type.
- Yes, things are going Mizzou's way when a reserve banks in a 3 ball. Even if they call it a 2 it was a 3. We gotta keep the defensive intensity up though. Marquette hit a big 3 before the half, and even when they were down by 10 it gave them the big momentum coming out from the other side.
- OMG THEY JUST HIT A 3/4 COURT SHOT TO BEAT THE BUZZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SWEET FANCY MOSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I let out a yelp audible 5 blocks away when that shot went in. When you're hot you're hot.
49-36 Mizzou at the half. 20 more minutes...
* That's what she said.
** Ibid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment