Not that you care, but I've never attempted one of these before, so I am now.
- Watching the games online last weekend, I was "booted" a couple of times for inactivity even though I was at the computer the entire time. Tonight I went to Hy-Vee to pick up some stuff, came back and she's still running. What a mercurial, but sexy, mistress March Madness on Demand is.
- Also, upon returning from Hy-Vee I stumbled upon one of Lee's Summit's finest sitting in my apt parking lot. I can only hope they didn't read my post from earlier today.
- Not to jinx anything, but I picked Mizzou to lose tonight. I really do feel they're playing with house money right now, as their "talent" level is just so much lower than most of the remaining contenders. I'm shocked, and I'll admit satisfied, that they've got this far. We fans have nothing to complain about.
- Purdue is the only BCS university that I've ever attended, yet I can't make myself get excited about Purdue athletics. I'll "root" for them over most other teams, but really I'm just "eh." That being said, I had picked them to beat UConn, it appears. Ironically, I didn't think I had Purdue making it this far, let alone the E8. Does it make me a racist that the only real reason I like Purdue is because they're best player is a white dude? If so, I apologize greatly. Reminds me of the time I was talking with Jamal at some department function and (somehow not realizing it) I kept saying how awesome it was that (a younger, more effective) Tyler Hansbrough was white.
- I thought I'd picked Xavier to take down Pitt, but it appears that I chose Pitt to move one more round before losing. This can only help Xavier's chances. I am far from impressed with Pitt, and not the least reason of which is the way that Jamie Dixon uses an entire can of pomade for each game.
- I'm absolutely thrilled that CBS sent the corpse of Dick Enberg, along with Jay Bilas, to Phoenix to cover Mizzou's region. Enberg was good, once upon a time. But frankly the man is 74 years old and basketball is a fast-paced game. Gimme some Kevin Harlan or Gus Johnson. Goddammit I want a screamer. It also appears that he (Enberg) and my sister share a birthday (Jan. 9). As for Bilas, he's just a smarmy tool. You could step on dry land after having spent the past 15 years on a space station and you'd still be able to guess that Bilas played at Duke. Not because he's a Duke homer, but because, you know, he's a tool.
- Accidentally grabbed a Diet Dr. Pepper "Cherry" at Hy-Vee instead of the standard issue.
Benefit: it was cheaper
Detriment: it tastes a fine cocktail of cough syrup and ball sweat
- Switching off of Purdue-UConn, as it appears the Huskies will continually keep the Boilers at arm's length. Plus, Xavier-Pitt has Grandpa Verne and "Onions" Bill Raftery (one of New Jersey's all time great high school athletes, mind you) on the call. I do not like that these two teams have identical road/home uniform pairs, so I keep mixing up who is who.
- Starting to get some lag on the video, which means either a ton of people just hopped on MMOD or Time Warner Cable is doing their customary post-8pm fucking of my bandwidth. This might interfere with my live-blogging efforts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment