Thursday, March 19, 2009

Off to a flying start ... (boom)

Only partially through day 1, and my bracket is already wounded. Not grievously (Greivous-ly?) as no team I had winning two games or more has lost yet.

Thus far wrong:
Butler over LSU - everything I heard about this game stated that Butler would be big trouble for LSU. I thought the Bayou Bengals were poised for a letdown. Surely they'd come in and look at Butler's fat white guys with t-shirts under their jerseys and think 'pfft, we got this.' And frankly, they did, and did.

Cal over Maryland - I thought the fact that (ostensibly) Cal had 4 decent players and Maryland had 1 would make a difference here. I really should have just gone with my senses, which kept telling me about Mizzou's massacre of Cal earlier this season.

Miss. St. over Washington - big fail here, as this was never close. I overestimated MSU's hot-hand coming out of the SEC tourney. I also clearly underestimated Washington, who apparently has more players than simply too-short rebounding white guy.

Do have to give props to the Matadors of Cal State-Northridge, who gave Memphis all they could handle for 35 minutes, and acquitted themselves quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment